Exercise key in fight against Alzheimer`s
Washington: In a new study, researchers have revealed the benefits of exercise in combating Alzheimer`s disease.
The most common cause of dementia, Alzheimer`s disease results in the loss of cognitive faculty.
In the majority of cases, Alzheimer`s occurs after age 65, and factors such as diet and exercise appear to play a role in its development, with high-fat diets as a risk factor.
The research led by Ayae Kinoshita at the Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine in Japan compared the effects of diet control, voluntary exercise and diet control plus exercise in an Alzheimer`s disease mouse model.
The results showed that exercise was more beneficial than diet control in reducing ß-amyloid formation, which is a defining characteristic of Alzheimer`s disease, and restoring memory loss induced by a high-fat diet in these mice.
Moreover, Kinoshita`s team found that the effect of diet control plus exercise was not significantly different than exercise alone.
The researchers attribute the positive effects of exercise to increased degradation of ß-amyloid deposits in the brain.
“Based on the results in this research exercise should be given priority to prevent Alzheimer`s disease,” Kinoshita said.
The study has been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie