High veggie diet and exercise can help ease asthma symptoms
Tokyo: The best way to control the symptoms of asthma is by exercising on a regular basis and consuming plenty of fresh vegetables, says a new survey.
The study, which was carried out by the National Center for Global Health and Medicine, has for the very first time, provided the option of a healthy lifestyle and not a drug treatment, the Japan Times reported.
A doctor, Motoyasu Iikura, from the center`s respiratory medicine department in Tokyo said that the patients with asthma need to seek a particularly healthy lifestyle .
The study, which was conducted on 437 adult asthma patients, was done to find out the connection between lifestyle habits, like drinking, exercising and eating, and the degree of symptom control.
The researchers determined that the people who work out even just for an hour a week and eat at least five helpings of fresh vegetables a day control the symptoms of the breathing disorder effectively.
The study also found that body mass index (BMI), which is commonly used to screen obesity, and drinking habits were not related to symptom control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical