High veggie diet and exercise can help ease asthma symptoms
Tokyo: The best way to control the symptoms of asthma is by exercising on a regular basis and consuming plenty of fresh vegetables, says a new survey.
The study, which was carried out by the National Center for Global Health and Medicine, has for the very first time, provided the option of a healthy lifestyle and not a drug treatment, the Japan Times reported.
A doctor, Motoyasu Iikura, from the center`s respiratory medicine department in Tokyo said that the patients with asthma need to seek a particularly healthy lifestyle .
The study, which was conducted on 437 adult asthma patients, was done to find out the connection between lifestyle habits, like drinking, exercising and eating, and the degree of symptom control.
The researchers determined that the people who work out even just for an hour a week and eat at least five helpings of fresh vegetables a day control the symptoms of the breathing disorder effectively.
The study also found that body mass index (BMI), which is commonly used to screen obesity, and drinking habits were not related to symptom control.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump