Magnetic therapy can help ease migraine symptoms
Zee Media Bureau
London: A new magnetic device can offer people who suffer from migraine a spot of relief, according to a research.
UK watchdog National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) said there is limited evidence that transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may help ease symptoms in some patients.
Although, the procedure is still relatively new, it may be useful for patients for whom other treatments have failed, according to reports.
It said that more data is needed about its long-term safety and efficacy.
Clinical trials were conducted on 164 patients and it was found that 39 percent of them were pain free even after two hours.
"Huge numbers of sufferers find their lives blighted by migraine,” said Wendy Thomas, chief executive at the charity the Migraine Trust. “We welcome NICE guidance that may help deliver brighter futures to many people for whom other treatments have not worked."
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail