Magnetic therapy can help ease migraine symptoms
Zee Media Bureau
London: A new magnetic device can offer people who suffer from migraine a spot of relief, according to a research.
UK watchdog National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) said there is limited evidence that transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may help ease symptoms in some patients.
Although, the procedure is still relatively new, it may be useful for patients for whom other treatments have failed, according to reports.
It said that more data is needed about its long-term safety and efficacy.
Clinical trials were conducted on 164 patients and it was found that 39 percent of them were pain free even after two hours.
"Huge numbers of sufferers find their lives blighted by migraine,” said Wendy Thomas, chief executive at the charity the Migraine Trust. “We welcome NICE guidance that may help deliver brighter futures to many people for whom other treatments have not worked."
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`