Multivitamins can lower cancer risk: Study
London: Taking multivitamin pill a day can lower the risk of cancer, according to a study.
Regular use for more than 10 years cuts the chances of men developing the disease by eight percent, claim researchers.
They cannot identify a single vitamin or combination that works, but say the benefit comes from a broad combination of low dose vitamins, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
The US study only involved men so the same effect cannot be assumed for women, but experts believe it is likely to be similar.
Almost 15,000 doctors took part in the study run by Brigham and Women`s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, the newspaper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites