Mumbai: Man quarantined with Ebola-like symptoms tests negative
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The 32-year-old man who was quarantined at the Jogeshwari Trauma Centre of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has tested negative for Ebola virus, civic health officials said on Monday.
The man, who had arrived at the Mumbai airport on Sunday from Nigeria was suspected with Ebola case after he developed a running nose, body ache and body temperature, all symptoms of the Ebola disease.
Moreover, since he was travelling from a country that is affected by the virus, the airport officials decided to quarantine him at the civic-run hospital immediately.
Following which, his blood samples were sent to to the National Institute of Virology, Pune for testing on Monday and the reports confirmed that the man was not infected with Ebola virus.
“The Ebola virus infection report has come negative,” Dr Mangala Gomare, head of the epidemiology department of the BMC, said on Monday, adding that quarantining the patient was a precautionary step, however, he did not have fever after admission to hospital.
The doctor also said that the man, who is a resident of Vasai, is now asymptomatic and will be discharged from the trauma centre soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened