Mumbai man suspected to have contracted Ebola virus
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A Mumbai man is suspected to be infected with the deadly Ebola vius. This suspect was in Nigeria for some work and had returned to Mumbai from West Africa after the Ebola outbreak.
But when he returned to India,he began experiencing EVD symptoms like body pains and diarrhoea. Since he was aware of the symptoms, he got in touch with the Health Department.
Only after the check-up will the doctor be able to say whether he has contracted the disease.
Meanwhile, the government on Sunday said India was on a high alert for the Ebola virus even as it denied reports that a Chennai resident had been afflicted with it.
The Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in the national capital has been identified for treatment and management of any case of Ebola.
India has nearly 45,000 nationals living in the four Ebola-affected west African nations.
On Friday, August 8, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in West Africa as an “international health emergency”.
Ebola virus disease is a severe and often deadly illness in humans, caused by the Ebola virus. The disease has high mortality rate, killing upto 90% of people who are infected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred