New breakthrough jab set to ease pain of arthritis sufferers
London: Researchers have developed a new jab, which when injected once every two weeks into the body, can ease the crippling symptoms of arthritis.
During the year-long trial on 1,200 patients with rheumatoid arthritis, researchers found that it successfully helped improve their condition by up to 20 percent.
According to Tanya Momtahen , irreversible joint damage can be a consequence for patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and this is accompanied by reduced physical function.
The new drug works by targeting a protein called IL-6 which is responsible for causing painful inflammation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam