New breakthrough jab set to ease pain of arthritis sufferers
London: Researchers have developed a new jab, which when injected once every two weeks into the body, can ease the crippling symptoms of arthritis.
During the year-long trial on 1,200 patients with rheumatoid arthritis, researchers found that it successfully helped improve their condition by up to 20 percent.
According to Tanya Momtahen , irreversible joint damage can be a consequence for patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and this is accompanied by reduced physical function.
The new drug works by targeting a protein called IL-6 which is responsible for causing painful inflammation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic