New drug may help prevent advanced breast cancer from progressing
Zee Media Bureau
Sydney: It could be a groundbreaking treatment option for women with Breast cancer.Scientists have revealed that a new drug can help prevent advanced breast cancer from progressing.
The drug, palbociclib could cut in half the risk that the cancer would worsen.
The principal investigator Dr. Richard S. Finn, remarked that the magnitude of benefit they are seeing is not something commonly seen in cancer medicine studies.
The drug, palbociclib, developed by pharmaceutical giant, Pfizer, appears to prolong survival, though not by a statistically significant amount.
Finn added that a statistically significant survival benefit should not have been expected at this point because only 61 of the 165 patients in the trial had died.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II