New drug may help prevent advanced breast cancer from progressing
Zee Media Bureau
Sydney: It could be a groundbreaking treatment option for women with Breast cancer.Scientists have revealed that a new drug can help prevent advanced breast cancer from progressing.
The drug, palbociclib could cut in half the risk that the cancer would worsen.
The principal investigator Dr. Richard S. Finn, remarked that the magnitude of benefit they are seeing is not something commonly seen in cancer medicine studies.
The drug, palbociclib, developed by pharmaceutical giant, Pfizer, appears to prolong survival, though not by a statistically significant amount.
Finn added that a statistically significant survival benefit should not have been expected at this point because only 61 of the 165 patients in the trial had died.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB