A new study has found that a 700-per cent rise in infections caused by bacteria that is resistant to multiple kinds of antibiotics in children in the US.
The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) said the matter would end there for such hospitals if there were no further complaints.
The study, involving hundreds of people, found benefits for mental health of being able to see birds, shrubs and trees around the homes, whether people lived in urban or more leafy suburban neighbourhoods.
Aminoglycoside antibiotics is used by approximately 70,000 people worldwide who inherited the chronic disease that affects mostly the lungs, but also the pancreas, liver, kidneys and intestine.
When beneficial bacteria digest prebiotic fiber, they not only multiply, improving overall gut health, but they also release metabolic byproducts.
Experts in the new research paper titled 'Ethical issues in dialysis therapy' published in the Lancet today said that a mere 30 per cent of patients manage to receive this life-saving therapy in India.
A study has showed that a fasting diet may help in treating diabetes.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common problem which affects the large intestine causing abdominal cramping, bloating, and a change in bowel habits.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday unveiled a 112-foot tall statue of Lord Shiva on the occasion of Maha Shivaratri in Coimbatore.
Following opposition from faculty members, the proposal to revise user charges has been put on hold, an AIIMS official said.
Signalling that people suffering from the condition need to recognise and treat the symptoms seriously, a new research warns that older people with back pain have a 13 per cent higher chance of dying prematurely.
The first survey to understand wellness trends in India revealed that less than a third urban Indians take steps to proactively adopt preventive wellness.
Experiencing severe deprivation and neglect in childhood can have a lasting psychological impact into early adulthood, according to a unique study.
Among employed Americans who check their work email constantly on their off days, their reported overall stress level is even higher, at 6.0, the report said.
World's heaviest woman Eman Ahmed's crowdfunding campaign, which was started by his family has managed to raise Rs 19 lakh so far.
Being an essential part of the Mediterranean diet, most health benefits of olive oil are attributed to the natural properties it possesses.
While stress can make depression worse, patience and perseverance is required because recovery from depression can take time.
HO document shows that while over five crore Indians, suffered from depression in 2015, over three crore others suffered from anxiety disorders in the corresponding year.
One should include 10 portions or 800 grammes of fruit and vegetables daily as it help reduce the risk of early deaths.
Researchers have found that women who had signs of active genital herpes infection during early pregnancy may increase the risk of developing autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in babies later.
Currently, she is on a strict diet and also undergoing 90-minute physiotherapy sessions. Her first surgery is less than two weeks away.
Researchers have found that two drugs used to treat asthma and allergies may help prevent a form of pneumoniacan which can kill up to 40 per cent of people who contract it.
An estimated 322 million people suffered depressive disorders in 2015, a rise of 18.4 percent in a decade, as people live longer, the United Nations agency said in a report.
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- Mark the date – Watch this year's only breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar eclipse on February 26
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative
- PM Narendra Modi blasts Congress in Imphal rally: As it happened
- Michael Vaughan hits back at Shane Warne after being trolled over Australia's dominance in India