Person back from Nigeria tests negative for Ebola
New Delhi: A person arriving from Nigeria, who was kept at the IGI Airport isolation facility for two days for showing Ebola symptoms upon his arrival and was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, has tested negative for the virus.
"A traveller from Nigeria manifesting symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection at the IGI Airport on Saturday was taken to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and tested for Ebola Virus Disease (EVD). He tested negative," said a statement released by Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
As per Health Ministry guidelines, blood samples of the patient was sent to the laboratory of the National Centre for Disease Control yesterday which had given its reports stating that the person tested negative for the antigen-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the Ebola virus.
The Health Minister also clarified that no confirmed cases of the virus has been reported in India so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested