Rajasthan: 22-year old woman diagnosed with rare disease that sheds `blood tears`
Zee Media Bureau
Kota: In an unusual case, a 22-year-old woman from Kota has been diagnosed with a rare disease which leads to shedding of “blood tears” from the eyes instead of saline water.
According to doctors at a government hospital here, the woman named Lakshaya Bais has been traced out as the third patient suffering from the rarest of rare diseases.
Professor in medicines at the government-run Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) hospital, Dr Manoj
Saluja, who is currently treating Lakshaya said, “it is for the first time in my professional career that I have seen such a patient and Lakshaya is the third patient traced so far suffering from this rare disease of 'spontaneous bleeding through eyes'.”
While Lakshaya is the third case reported after the two in medical literature, the other two were traced earlier in Lucknow and Calcutta, he said.
“Shedding blood tears is a 'blood clotting disorder' and 'an inheritance defect of the body'”, Dr Saluja said, adding that 'detection tests of the rare disease are very costly and facilities for them are not easily available.'
Ratan Singh, the girl's father and an SHO at Mahila police station Kota said, “the rare disease first came to light on May 25 this year when Lakshaya began bleeding through eyes or shedding blood tears while studying in Udaipur.”
The girl becomes unconscious while shedding blood tears for some time.
The girl's father also said that later, she was taken to several hospitals for treatment including AIIMS in Delhi and several others in Udaipur, Jodhpur, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, but the doctors there remained clueless and surprised. And reports of the medical tests in these hospitals confirmed the patient as 'normal'”, he further added.
Singh also said that his daughter recovered for a while but the disease resumed again this Tuesday following which she was rushed to MBS hospital.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway