Rajasthan: 22-year old woman diagnosed with rare disease that sheds `blood tears`
Zee Media Bureau
Kota: In an unusual case, a 22-year-old woman from Kota has been diagnosed with a rare disease which leads to shedding of “blood tears” from the eyes instead of saline water.
According to doctors at a government hospital here, the woman named Lakshaya Bais has been traced out as the third patient suffering from the rarest of rare diseases.
Professor in medicines at the government-run Maharao Bheem Singh (MBS) hospital, Dr Manoj
Saluja, who is currently treating Lakshaya said, “it is for the first time in my professional career that I have seen such a patient and Lakshaya is the third patient traced so far suffering from this rare disease of 'spontaneous bleeding through eyes'.”
While Lakshaya is the third case reported after the two in medical literature, the other two were traced earlier in Lucknow and Calcutta, he said.
“Shedding blood tears is a 'blood clotting disorder' and 'an inheritance defect of the body'”, Dr Saluja said, adding that 'detection tests of the rare disease are very costly and facilities for them are not easily available.'
Ratan Singh, the girl's father and an SHO at Mahila police station Kota said, “the rare disease first came to light on May 25 this year when Lakshaya began bleeding through eyes or shedding blood tears while studying in Udaipur.”
The girl becomes unconscious while shedding blood tears for some time.
The girl's father also said that later, she was taken to several hospitals for treatment including AIIMS in Delhi and several others in Udaipur, Jodhpur, Mumbai, Ahmadabad, but the doctors there remained clueless and surprised. And reports of the medical tests in these hospitals confirmed the patient as 'normal'”, he further added.
Singh also said that his daughter recovered for a while but the disease resumed again this Tuesday following which she was rushed to MBS hospital.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!