Saudi Arabia registers 2 deaths, 16 new MERS corona virus cases
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia's health ministry announced Saturday two more deaths and 16 new Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) corona virus cases.
Of the new cases, five were in Saudi capital Riyadh, six in Jeddah, three in Mecca and two in Medina, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Despite the registering of new cases on a daily basis, the World Health Organisation has not yet declared the infection as an epidemic.
Saudi Arabia announced earlier that it is working with five international medicine companies to develop a vaccine for the virus.
It also said that the death rate among infected persons has been reduced from 60 percent to 32 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections