Saudi Arabia registers 2 deaths, 16 new MERS corona virus cases
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia's health ministry announced Saturday two more deaths and 16 new Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) corona virus cases.
Of the new cases, five were in Saudi capital Riyadh, six in Jeddah, three in Mecca and two in Medina, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Despite the registering of new cases on a daily basis, the World Health Organisation has not yet declared the infection as an epidemic.
Saudi Arabia announced earlier that it is working with five international medicine companies to develop a vaccine for the virus.
It also said that the death rate among infected persons has been reduced from 60 percent to 32 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional