Summer sun `natural medication` for psoriasis sufferers
Washington: A dermatologist has claimed that exposure to the summer sun is a boon for people suffering from psoriasis.
Julie Moore, MD, dermatologist at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, part of Loyola University Health System, said that the sun is one of the best treatments for psoriasis, so in summer she encourage her patients to sit out on the deck and give their affected areas a good sun bath.
She asserted that twenty to thirty minutes is adequate to improve the skin.
Psoriasis is believed to be caused when the immune system mistakes normal skin cells for pathogens and reacts by creating an overproduction of skin cells.
Moore said that psoriasis is the most prevalent autoimmune disease in America, asserting that there`s no cure for psoriasis and it is a life-long condition that flares up and calms down due to stress, illness and unknown factors.
She added that psoriasis is much more than a cosmetic concern; it is often painful, difficult to heal and can be disfiguring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown