Taslima Nasreen diagnosed with breast tumours in New York
Zee Media Bureau
New York: Exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen was diagnosed with breast tumours at a New York hospital.
The author was diagnosed with tumours when she went to the hospital with cough and cold.
Doctors found the tumours ‘quite big’ and advised her biopsy to check on possible malignancy. The biopsy report is expected to come May 12, bdnews24.com reported.
Following the diagnosis, 51-year-old Taslima appeared very worried because her mother had died of cancer while her brother is also undergoing cancer treatment in New York.
She tweeted about her worries and said she had a sumptuous meal of Hyderabadi Biryani at New York’s Paradise restaurant immediately after her biopsy.
Taslima arrived in the city a week ago to avoid the harsh Indian summer.
Taslima, who is a medical doctor, received her MBBS degree from Mymensingh Medical College in 1986. However, she did not give up her passion for writing.
After her novel ‘Lajja’ (shame) hit the stands, she incurred the ire of the fundamentalists and had to leave Bangladesh in 1998. She has lived in India and several western countries since then.
Taslima has received a number of international awards in recognition of her uncompromising demand for freedom of expression.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in