Taslima Nasreen diagnosed with breast tumours in New York
Zee Media Bureau
New York: Exiled Bangladeshi writer Taslima Nasreen was diagnosed with breast tumours at a New York hospital.
The author was diagnosed with tumours when she went to the hospital with cough and cold.
Doctors found the tumours ‘quite big’ and advised her biopsy to check on possible malignancy. The biopsy report is expected to come May 12, bdnews24.com reported.
Following the diagnosis, 51-year-old Taslima appeared very worried because her mother had died of cancer while her brother is also undergoing cancer treatment in New York.
She tweeted about her worries and said she had a sumptuous meal of Hyderabadi Biryani at New York’s Paradise restaurant immediately after her biopsy.
Taslima arrived in the city a week ago to avoid the harsh Indian summer.
Taslima, who is a medical doctor, received her MBBS degree from Mymensingh Medical College in 1986. However, she did not give up her passion for writing.
After her novel ‘Lajja’ (shame) hit the stands, she incurred the ire of the fundamentalists and had to leave Bangladesh in 1998. She has lived in India and several western countries since then.
Taslima has received a number of international awards in recognition of her uncompromising demand for freedom of expression.
With Agency Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory