`Traffic noise may cause heart attack`
Copenhagen: Exposure to traffic noise could cause heart attacks, says a new study.
A previous work had investigated the combined effects of both noise and air pollution caused by traffic on the heart, but the results were inconsistent.
The new study, led by Mette Sorensen of the Danish Cancer Society, showed a clear relationship between traffic noise and heart attack - a 12 percent higher risk per 10 decibels of noise among 50,614 study participants, the journal Public Library of Science ONE reports.
The exact reason for this relationship is not yet known, but may be due to increased stress and sleep disturbances associated with noise, according to a Danish Cancer Society statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress