Two die of swine flu in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Two persons died of swine flu in Uttarakhand, a woman tested positive for it while a man showing symptoms of H1N1 influenza was admitted to a city hospital, a health official said today.
Both men killed by the disease hailed from Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh and had been admitted to the Max Hospital here over a week ago, Chief Medical Officer R P Bhatt said.
However, their condition deteriorated during treatment and they succumbed to the viral infection last night, he said.
One of them was 33-years-old and the other above 40, he said.
Meanwhile, a pregnant woman has tested positive for the disease, he said.
Considering her condition, an isolation ward has been set up at her home for her treatment. She began showing swine flu symptoms after returning from Delhi recently.
The test report of her blood samples yesterday confirmed that she was suffering from the disease, he said.
A suspected patient of swine flu has been admitted to the Doon Hospital here, a health official said.
Health Minister SS Negi said hospitals across the state have been alerted and isolation wards set up at each one of them for treatment of swine flu cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400