Ukraine declares measles outbreak
Kiev: Ukraine Monday declared an outbreak of measles, with at least 883 cases of the infectious disease reported across the country so far.
Sergey Platov, a top official in the health ministry, however, said it was still too early to talk about the epidemic, according to Xinhua.
Platov told the press that alerts have been sounded in the country`s western and central regions as well as in the capital Kiev.
He urged people to be vaccinated against the disease immediately.
Measles is not usually life-threatening but can cause complications in people with a weak immune system and in pregnant women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account