Ukraine declares measles outbreak
Kiev: Ukraine Monday declared an outbreak of measles, with at least 883 cases of the infectious disease reported across the country so far.
Sergey Platov, a top official in the health ministry, however, said it was still too early to talk about the epidemic, according to Xinhua.
Platov told the press that alerts have been sounded in the country`s western and central regions as well as in the capital Kiev.
He urged people to be vaccinated against the disease immediately.
Measles is not usually life-threatening but can cause complications in people with a weak immune system and in pregnant women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali