Woman succumbs to swine flu in Pune
Pune: A 48-year-old woman died of H1N1 virus infection here, in the first Swine Flu fatality in the city since a year, health officials said today.
The woman, who developed cough and breathlessness tested positive for H1N1 on March 12 and subsequently succumbed to the virus in a hospital here last night after being put on ventilator support.
According to health officials, the deceased was recorded as the first Swine flu death in the city since April 2011.
Meanwhile, about 20 cases of the infection have been reported from different parts of the city out of which five patients are stated to be in a serious condition needing ventilator support.
Dr Pradip Awte, the State Surveillance officer, said anti-Swine Flu measures and scanning was being stepped up in view of the fresh reported cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'