Woman succumbs to swine flu in Pune
Pune: A 48-year-old woman died of H1N1 virus infection here, in the first Swine Flu fatality in the city since a year, health officials said today.
The woman, who developed cough and breathlessness tested positive for H1N1 on March 12 and subsequently succumbed to the virus in a hospital here last night after being put on ventilator support.
According to health officials, the deceased was recorded as the first Swine flu death in the city since April 2011.
Meanwhile, about 20 cases of the infection have been reported from different parts of the city out of which five patients are stated to be in a serious condition needing ventilator support.
Dr Pradip Awte, the State Surveillance officer, said anti-Swine Flu measures and scanning was being stepped up in view of the fresh reported cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda