112 passengers screened at Indian airports, one quarantined with Ebola symptoms
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday confirmed that none of the112 Indian passengers, who arrived from African nation Liberia, have Ebola except for one who has been quarantined with suspected symptoms.
According to airport authorities, all of them were screened and found to be free of Ebola virus except for one who had fever and sore throat symptoms suggestive of EVD. The individual has been placed into isolation in a quarantine-cum-isolation facility at the Delhi Airport.
The Health Ministry has confirmed in a statement that there is no suspected case of Ebola in India as of today.
On Tuesday, six Indian nationals who arrived at the Delhi airport from Liberia were screened for Ebola virus but showed no symptoms.
The Delhi and Mumbai international airports were put on alert after 112 Indian passengers arrived from the Ebola-hit African nation Liberia on different flights Tuesday.
The aircraft were first taken to a remote bay and all passengers were screened at the step-ladder exit after the arrival of flights at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
Further, the government has advised Indians against non-essential travel to four West African countries - Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria, which form the epicentre of the disease.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in West Africa as an “international health emergency”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur