Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Worm infestation can make your child sick and anaemic. It can make your child undernourished and even too weak and tired to concentrate or even attend school.
Other common symptoms of worm infestation include - stomach pain off and on after eating food, lack of appetite, poor digestion, abdominal distension, vomitting, itching round the anal region.
The common worm infestations are Threadworm, round worm and hookworm.
Worm infestation can be quickly and well treated with modern drugs which are freely available in the market.
Here are some preventive methods to keep your child at bay from worm infestation:
- Keep the surroundings clean.
- Do not defecate in the open. Always use a toilet.
- Clean the child properly after passing the stool.
- Washing of the hands after passing stool and before eating is mandatory.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly with clean water.
- Always drink clean, filtered and boiled water.
- Keep nails clean and short.
- Always make the child wear slippers/shoes.