FDA to launch awareness drive on milk adulteration
Nashik: To check milk adulteration and create awareness amongst people, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is planning to launch a month-long awareness campaign from today, which is observed as World Milk Day.
The Nashik Divisional Office of the Food and Drug Administration is also planning to launch a month-long drive against the food adulteration.
Speaking to an English daily, joint commissioner of FDA, Nashik division, Shashikant Kekare said, "Our aim is to create awareness among the masses on milk adulteration. During the campaign, the consumers will be educated on how to know when milk has been adulterated and about the measures to be taken while buying milk. As part of the campaign, we will put up hoardings at some select locations. Besides, we have also prepared hand bills containing information on how to know when milk has been adulterated and precautions to be taken regarding the same. Ads will also be telecast on radio and television to create awareness."
He also added that a month-long inspection drive against milk adulteration would also be launched from Friday. The inspection drive will also be conducted at all check posts to keep tabs on adulterated milk coming to the city from around the district.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, which proposed to observe June 1 as World Milk Day, urged countries and organizations to take this occasion to crusade on the importance of milk among citizens. World Milk Day is celebrated in over 35 countries around the world currently, with China, India, Vietnam, Australia, and Denmark as regular participants of the event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!