FDA to launch awareness drive on milk adulteration
Nashik: To check milk adulteration and create awareness amongst people, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is planning to launch a month-long awareness campaign from today, which is observed as World Milk Day.
The Nashik Divisional Office of the Food and Drug Administration is also planning to launch a month-long drive against the food adulteration.
Speaking to an English daily, joint commissioner of FDA, Nashik division, Shashikant Kekare said, "Our aim is to create awareness among the masses on milk adulteration. During the campaign, the consumers will be educated on how to know when milk has been adulterated and about the measures to be taken while buying milk. As part of the campaign, we will put up hoardings at some select locations. Besides, we have also prepared hand bills containing information on how to know when milk has been adulterated and precautions to be taken regarding the same. Ads will also be telecast on radio and television to create awareness."
He also added that a month-long inspection drive against milk adulteration would also be launched from Friday. The inspection drive will also be conducted at all check posts to keep tabs on adulterated milk coming to the city from around the district.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, which proposed to observe June 1 as World Milk Day, urged countries and organizations to take this occasion to crusade on the importance of milk among citizens. World Milk Day is celebrated in over 35 countries around the world currently, with China, India, Vietnam, Australia, and Denmark as regular participants of the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis