First swine flu death in Himachal
Shimla: A 55-year-old woman, who tested positive for swine flu, died in Shimla Saturday, the first death in Himachal Pradesh this year, a health official said.
"The victim, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla. She had tested positive Wednesday," state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti told IANS.
He said the woman was in the hospital for the past five days. She was admitted here with high fever and chest congestion.
Bharti said the state surveillance unit has already sounded an alert in the state in the wake of the swine flu death.
He said it was the only swine flu case detected in the state so far this year.
"We sent a team of doctors to the victim`s hometown soon after she tested positive and her family was given prophylactic treatment," added Bharti.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged