First swine flu death in Himachal
Shimla: A 55-year-old woman, who tested positive for swine flu, died in Shimla Saturday, the first death in Himachal Pradesh this year, a health official said.
"The victim, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla. She had tested positive Wednesday," state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti told IANS.
He said the woman was in the hospital for the past five days. She was admitted here with high fever and chest congestion.
Bharti said the state surveillance unit has already sounded an alert in the state in the wake of the swine flu death.
He said it was the only swine flu case detected in the state so far this year.
"We sent a team of doctors to the victim`s hometown soon after she tested positive and her family was given prophylactic treatment," added Bharti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional