Haryana to ban gutka, pan masala from Aug 15
Chandigarh: The Haryana government Friday announced a ban from Aug 15 on the manufacturing, storage, distribution or sale of gutka, pan masala, zarda and other chewable products containing tobacco and nicotine.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting here headed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Hooda said the decision to ban these items had been taken because tobacco was a leading cause of death and preventable diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference