Haryana to ban gutka, pan masala from Aug 15
Chandigarh: The Haryana government Friday announced a ban from Aug 15 on the manufacturing, storage, distribution or sale of gutka, pan masala, zarda and other chewable products containing tobacco and nicotine.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting here headed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Hooda said the decision to ban these items had been taken because tobacco was a leading cause of death and preventable diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...