Haryana to ban gutka, pan masala from Aug 15
Chandigarh: The Haryana government Friday announced a ban from Aug 15 on the manufacturing, storage, distribution or sale of gutka, pan masala, zarda and other chewable products containing tobacco and nicotine.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting here headed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Hooda said the decision to ban these items had been taken because tobacco was a leading cause of death and preventable diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh