By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 16:16
The death of every other newborn in India can be traced to either low birth weight (LBW) or premature delivery -- a reflection of poor maternal health and an inadequate healthcare system -- according to an IndiaSpend analysis of census data.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 16:03
The just-released Global Tuberculosis (TB) Report-2016 is a shocker for India. The report reveals the spread of this curable disease is larger than previously projected and moreover, the country accounts for 24 per cent of the global cases.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, February 3, 2016 - 19:32
February 4 is World Cancer Day.
Being diagnosed with cancer at a prime age with flying dreams and a family to look after can be earth-shattering for most people. But when it comes to facing the stark reality, whom does one blame for the slow but certain decay of cells and tissues in your body.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, January 6, 2016 - 10:12
Are you among those who log in to Google every time you are down with body ache, fever or cold, only to get more confused and scared? Many young Indians with smartphones in their hands are falling prey to the "Google-as-your-doctor" phenomenon and the dangerous trend is on the rise in the country, health experts feel.
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- Bihar: Railway police seize 35 lakh in old currency notes from Jan Shatabdi Express in Gaya
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- DNA: Complete analysis of Jayalalithaa's life
- Jayalalithaa's political struggle is an inspiration for all: Mallikarjun Kharge
- AIADMK workers in dilemma following Jayalalithaa's death
- Pro-poor schemes initiated by 'Puratchi Thalaivi' Jayalalithaa
- DNA: Today in History, December 6, 2016
- DNA: Today in History, December 5, 2016
- Tamil Nadu: 7 days state mourning over Jayalalithaa's death
- DNA: Analysing the impact of Jayalalithaa's demise on AIADMK and national politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad with 47 onboard crashes near Havelian, all feared dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her
- Salman Khan and brothers make amazing revelations on ‘Koffee With Karan’
- As mark of respect to Jayalalithaa, Tamil Nadu government declares December 6 as public holiday
- Justice JS Khehar to succeed TS Thakur as next Chief Justice of India
- Jayalalithaa laid to rest at Chennai's Marina Beach: Here is how her final journey concluded
- Jayalalithaa laid to rest: Here's why 'Amma' was buried and not cremated