Madhya Pradesh bans tobacco-mixed `gutka`
Bhopal: The first day of the new financial year has seen a ban on the sale of tobacco-mixed gutka in Madhya Pradesh.
Health Minister Narottam Mishra had said in the assembly some days ago that the licenses of seven gutka companies in the state have been cancelled.
And to control the increasing number of mouth cancer patients, the state government has decided to ban tobacco-mixed gutka pouches, he had announced.
A penalty of up to Rs.25,000 would be imposed on anyone selling tobacco-mixed gutka. However, there would be no ban on the sale of plain gutka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram