Madhya Pradesh bans tobacco-mixed `gutka`
Bhopal: The first day of the new financial year has seen a ban on the sale of tobacco-mixed gutka in Madhya Pradesh.
Health Minister Narottam Mishra had said in the assembly some days ago that the licenses of seven gutka companies in the state have been cancelled.
And to control the increasing number of mouth cancer patients, the state government has decided to ban tobacco-mixed gutka pouches, he had announced.
A penalty of up to Rs.25,000 would be imposed on anyone selling tobacco-mixed gutka. However, there would be no ban on the sale of plain gutka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal