Madhya Pradesh bans tobacco-mixed `gutka`
Bhopal: The first day of the new financial year has seen a ban on the sale of tobacco-mixed gutka in Madhya Pradesh.
Health Minister Narottam Mishra had said in the assembly some days ago that the licenses of seven gutka companies in the state have been cancelled.
And to control the increasing number of mouth cancer patients, the state government has decided to ban tobacco-mixed gutka pouches, he had announced.
A penalty of up to Rs.25,000 would be imposed on anyone selling tobacco-mixed gutka. However, there would be no ban on the sale of plain gutka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Goa CM orders enquiry over criminal's ''murder'' in prison
- Flight 370: With search suspended, a cold-case file awaits
- Arvind Kejriwal's ex-principal secretary Rajendra Kumar granted bail
- 54 ISIS supporters arrested: Governmnet
- Kumar Sangakkara backs Muttiah Muralitharan, slams Sri Lanka Cricket for lashing out at off-spinner