By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 16:16
The death of every other newborn in India can be traced to either low birth weight (LBW) or premature delivery -- a reflection of poor maternal health and an inadequate healthcare system -- according to an IndiaSpend analysis of census data.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 16:03
The just-released Global Tuberculosis (TB) Report-2016 is a shocker for India. The report reveals the spread of this curable disease is larger than previously projected and moreover, the country accounts for 24 per cent of the global cases.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, February 3, 2016 - 19:32
February 4 is World Cancer Day.
Being diagnosed with cancer at a prime age with flying dreams and a family to look after can be earth-shattering for most people. But when it comes to facing the stark reality, whom does one blame for the slow but certain decay of cells and tissues in your body.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, January 6, 2016 - 10:12
Are you among those who log in to Google every time you are down with body ache, fever or cold, only to get more confused and scared? Many young Indians with smartphones in their hands are falling prey to the "Google-as-your-doctor" phenomenon and the dangerous trend is on the rise in the country, health experts feel.
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- The story behind 1971 Indo-Pakistan war
- Jayalalithaa's political struggle is an inspiration for all: Mallikarjun Kharge
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- Tamil Nadu: 7 days state mourning over Jayalalithaa's death
- DNA: Today in History, December 5, 2016
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization? - Part II
- Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest: Prayers, vigil, chaos outside Apollo Hospital
- PM Narendra Modi wins reader's poll for 'Time Person of the Year 2016'
- DNA: Analysing the political journey of Jayalalithaa
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH
- Yuvraj Singh broke down on his wedding with Hazel Keech in Goa – Here's why!
- As mark of respect to Jayalalithaa, Tamil Nadu government declares December 6 as public holiday
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Salman Khan and brothers make amazing revelations on ‘Koffee With Karan’
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma very critical; BJP MP Subramanian Swamy hopes for another miracle