By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 16:16
The death of every other newborn in India can be traced to either low birth weight (LBW) or premature delivery -- a reflection of poor maternal health and an inadequate healthcare system -- according to an IndiaSpend analysis of census data.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 16:03
The just-released Global Tuberculosis (TB) Report-2016 is a shocker for India. The report reveals the spread of this curable disease is larger than previously projected and moreover, the country accounts for 24 per cent of the global cases.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, February 3, 2016 - 19:32
February 4 is World Cancer Day.
Being diagnosed with cancer at a prime age with flying dreams and a family to look after can be earth-shattering for most people. But when it comes to facing the stark reality, whom does one blame for the slow but certain decay of cells and tissues in your body.
By Miscellaneous | Wednesday, January 6, 2016 - 10:12
Are you among those who log in to Google every time you are down with body ache, fever or cold, only to get more confused and scared? Many young Indians with smartphones in their hands are falling prey to the "Google-as-your-doctor" phenomenon and the dangerous trend is on the rise in the country, health experts feel.
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery?
- National level woman shooter alleges rape by coach
- The story behind 1971 Indo-Pakistan war
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- DNA: Analysis of cross border cyber attack on Indian online accounts
- Many trains running late due to intense fog in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to grow further after achieving success
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery? - Part II
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: These 4 Delhi AIIMS doctors sent to Chennai Apollo Hospital for Amma's treatment
- Yuvraj Singh broke down on his wedding with Hazel Keech in Goa – Here's why!
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma very critical; BJP MP Subramanian Swamy hopes for another miracle
- Universe may be starting to die, say astronomers
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- OMG! Huge cobra throws up six eggs as she chokes after huge meal