Womb transplant performed in Turkey
Ankara: A team of Turkish surgeons took a uterus from a donor and have successfully transplanted it into a 21-year-old woman.
The womb transplant surgery that lasted seven hours was performed at the Akdeniz University Hospital in the southern province of Antalya.
"We are very glad to find a cure for the patient`s desire to be a mother. We hope that we can see her giving birth to the baby," said team head and associate professor Omer Ozkan of the Reconstructive Plastic Surgery department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past