30 mins daily workouts better than one hour to lose weight
New York: A Danish study has found that people who exercise for just 30 minutes a day shed more weight than those who work out for an hour every day.
Researchers believe that the shorter workout stints left subjects with more energy and motivation to live healthier lifestyles, while those who hit the gym for an hour were more likely to feel burned out, the New York daily News reported.
Study author Dr. Astrid Jesperson of the University of Copenhagen, said that the subjects in the test group that exercised the least, talked about increased energy levels and a higher motivation for exercising and pursuing a healthy everyday life, while people who exercised for one hour a day, after training, felt exhausted, demotivated and less open to making a healthy change.
The study is published in the journal Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!