30 mins daily workouts better than one hour to lose weight
New York: A Danish study has found that people who exercise for just 30 minutes a day shed more weight than those who work out for an hour every day.
Researchers believe that the shorter workout stints left subjects with more energy and motivation to live healthier lifestyles, while those who hit the gym for an hour were more likely to feel burned out, the New York daily News reported.
Study author Dr. Astrid Jesperson of the University of Copenhagen, said that the subjects in the test group that exercised the least, talked about increased energy levels and a higher motivation for exercising and pursuing a healthy everyday life, while people who exercised for one hour a day, after training, felt exhausted, demotivated and less open to making a healthy change.
The study is published in the journal Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail