30 mins daily workouts better than one hour to lose weight
New York: A Danish study has found that people who exercise for just 30 minutes a day shed more weight than those who work out for an hour every day.
Researchers believe that the shorter workout stints left subjects with more energy and motivation to live healthier lifestyles, while those who hit the gym for an hour were more likely to feel burned out, the New York daily News reported.
Study author Dr. Astrid Jesperson of the University of Copenhagen, said that the subjects in the test group that exercised the least, talked about increased energy levels and a higher motivation for exercising and pursuing a healthy everyday life, while people who exercised for one hour a day, after training, felt exhausted, demotivated and less open to making a healthy change.
The study is published in the journal Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory