30 mins daily workouts better than one hour to lose weight
New York: A Danish study has found that people who exercise for just 30 minutes a day shed more weight than those who work out for an hour every day.
Researchers believe that the shorter workout stints left subjects with more energy and motivation to live healthier lifestyles, while those who hit the gym for an hour were more likely to feel burned out, the New York daily News reported.
Study author Dr. Astrid Jesperson of the University of Copenhagen, said that the subjects in the test group that exercised the least, talked about increased energy levels and a higher motivation for exercising and pursuing a healthy everyday life, while people who exercised for one hour a day, after training, felt exhausted, demotivated and less open to making a healthy change.
The study is published in the journal Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly