6 ways Running improves your overall health
Well, all of you know that running is the best form of exercise possible and the greatest way to get into shape, but apart from that, running is beneficial for every part of your body. Running also immeasurably improves the quality of your emotional and mental life and even helps you live longer. Running is one of the simplest ways to keep you hale and healthy in a multiple ways!
Promotes healthy heart
Running gives your heart muscle an effective workout. Running regularly improves circulation, increases the elasticity of your arteries and reduces the risk of a heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke.
Induces mental health and happiness
In case you are feeling stressed, instead of sitting in a corner, start running. After only a few minutes of running, your brain will start to secrete hormones that naturally improve your mood. Running really is extremely beneficial to the body, mind, and spirit and leaves you feeling more energized and positive. Endorphins triggered by running induce a sense of elation after running and gives you a high.
Improves Bone Density
If you run regularly, you can say good bye to osteoporosis. Running significantly improves your bone density and your muscles and even helps stem age-related bone loss.
Prevents Diseases like Cancer and Diabetes
Running five days a week for at least 30 minutes each time may help to reduce your risk of different types of cancer like uterine, breast and bowel cancer. Also when you keep running , your body learns to handle insulin more efficiently, which helps prevent type-2 diabetes.
Benefits your skin
Unless you don’t keep yourself physically active, no amount of cosmetics can elicit that glow on your face which you have always wished for. For healthy skin and complexion you need to run. Running stimulates your circulation, improving the transportation of nutrients around your system and flushing out waste products. This will help make your skin clearer and give you that distinctive glow.
Promotes healthy appetite and sleep:
All the insomniacs put on your running shoes and get going. It is a known fact that people who run regularly find it easier to get to sleep at night and sleep longer.
As running frequently burns a lot of calories, you will often be hungrier and have a better, healthier appetite .A sedentary lifestyle contributes to constipation because lack of physical activity slows down the digestive system. Regular running promotes better bowel movements and aids in digestion.
So what are you waiting for, put on some music and get set go!
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20