6 ways Running improves your overall health
Well, all of you know that running is the best form of exercise possible and the greatest way to get into shape, but apart from that, running is beneficial for every part of your body. Running also immeasurably improves the quality of your emotional and mental life and even helps you live longer. Running is one of the simplest ways to keep you hale and healthy in a multiple ways!
Promotes healthy heart
Running gives your heart muscle an effective workout. Running regularly improves circulation, increases the elasticity of your arteries and reduces the risk of a heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke.
Induces mental health and happiness
In case you are feeling stressed, instead of sitting in a corner, start running. After only a few minutes of running, your brain will start to secrete hormones that naturally improve your mood. Running really is extremely beneficial to the body, mind, and spirit and leaves you feeling more energized and positive. Endorphins triggered by running induce a sense of elation after running and gives you a high.
Improves Bone Density
If you run regularly, you can say good bye to osteoporosis. Running significantly improves your bone density and your muscles and even helps stem age-related bone loss.
Prevents Diseases like Cancer and Diabetes
Running five days a week for at least 30 minutes each time may help to reduce your risk of different types of cancer like uterine, breast and bowel cancer. Also when you keep running , your body learns to handle insulin more efficiently, which helps prevent type-2 diabetes.
Benefits your skin
Unless you don’t keep yourself physically active, no amount of cosmetics can elicit that glow on your face which you have always wished for. For healthy skin and complexion you need to run. Running stimulates your circulation, improving the transportation of nutrients around your system and flushing out waste products. This will help make your skin clearer and give you that distinctive glow.
Promotes healthy appetite and sleep:
All the insomniacs put on your running shoes and get going. It is a known fact that people who run regularly find it easier to get to sleep at night and sleep longer.
As running frequently burns a lot of calories, you will often be hungrier and have a better, healthier appetite .A sedentary lifestyle contributes to constipation because lack of physical activity slows down the digestive system. Regular running promotes better bowel movements and aids in digestion.
So what are you waiting for, put on some music and get set go!
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo