Cure to back pain lies in exercise
London: A study has confirmed that the key to curing agonising long-term back pain is not by resting but by doing more exercise.
Research showed those who were as active as possible recovered far more quickly and were not left depressed.
Patricia Olaya-Contreras, a researcher of the University of Gothenburg, Sweden, randomly advised 109 patients to either “stay active even though it hurts” or “adjust your activity to the pain”.
The results showed that the active group recovered more quickly and did not feel depressed.
“If you don’t keep moving, it’s easy to get locked into a downward spiral,” the a newspaper quoted Olaya-Contreras as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred