Eat less, don`t exercise, shed flab
New Delhi: Those wishing to shed some pounds should simply eat less rather than doing exercise, a leading surgeon has claimed.
Lord McColl of Dulwich also criticized the UK government`s focus on promoting exercise as the key to tackling the obesity epidemic.
His comments came despite the scientifically proven fact that regular exercise results in a lower risk of many chronic diseases - including heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.
And his view also flies in the face of research that shows it can also boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy - as well as reduce risk of stress, depression, dementia and Alzheimer`s disease.
"We are in the middle of the most serious epidemic to have hit this country for 100 years - the obesity epidemic. The cure is free - you just have to eat less," the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet