Exercise `makes people eat better`
London: Here`s yet another reason why you should start doing workouts from tomorrow -- exercise really is the key to good health as it makes one eat better, says a new study.
It may seem obvious that getting the right amount of physical activity goes hand in hand with sensible eating. But now, researchers have found the relationship is more vital than previously thought.
A team, led by Dr Miguel Alonso of Harvard University, has found that taking more exercise actually triggers an improvement in diet quality.
"Physical exercise seems to encourage a healthy diet. In fact, when exercise is added to a weight-loss diet, treatment of obesity is more successful and the diet is adhered to in the long run," the `Daily Express` quoted Dr Alonso as saying.
Dr Alonso added that previous studies have also shown exercise is good for the brain -- making people more likely to resist the temptation of unhealthy food.
Regular exercise, he said, "increases the amount of grey matter".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!