Exercise `makes people eat better`
London: Here`s yet another reason why you should start doing workouts from tomorrow -- exercise really is the key to good health as it makes one eat better, says a new study.
It may seem obvious that getting the right amount of physical activity goes hand in hand with sensible eating. But now, researchers have found the relationship is more vital than previously thought.
A team, led by Dr Miguel Alonso of Harvard University, has found that taking more exercise actually triggers an improvement in diet quality.
"Physical exercise seems to encourage a healthy diet. In fact, when exercise is added to a weight-loss diet, treatment of obesity is more successful and the diet is adhered to in the long run," the `Daily Express` quoted Dr Alonso as saying.
Dr Alonso added that previous studies have also shown exercise is good for the brain -- making people more likely to resist the temptation of unhealthy food.
Regular exercise, he said, "increases the amount of grey matter".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY