Exercise stimulates diverse gut bacteria
Washington: A new study has revealed that increased variation in gut bacteria is related with a positive metabolic profile and immune system response.
The researchers also found that exercise and diet are important to boost diversity of gut bacteria which is very important for wellbeing.
Dr Georgina Hold, of the Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen University, in a linked editorial pointed out that the guts are colonized by trillions of bacteria, the composition of which has been implicated in many conditions and is known to determine how well we harvest the energy from the foods we eat.
She further wrote that understanding the complex relationship among what people choose to eat, activity levels and gut microbiota richness is essential and as life expectancy continues to increase, it is important that we understand how best to maintain good health as before now it never has been this important than in respect of our resident microbiota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday