Exercise stimulates diverse gut bacteria
Washington: A new study has revealed that increased variation in gut bacteria is related with a positive metabolic profile and immune system response.
The researchers also found that exercise and diet are important to boost diversity of gut bacteria which is very important for wellbeing.
Dr Georgina Hold, of the Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen University, in a linked editorial pointed out that the guts are colonized by trillions of bacteria, the composition of which has been implicated in many conditions and is known to determine how well we harvest the energy from the foods we eat.
She further wrote that understanding the complex relationship among what people choose to eat, activity levels and gut microbiota richness is essential and as life expectancy continues to increase, it is important that we understand how best to maintain good health as before now it never has been this important than in respect of our resident microbiota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader