Exercise stimulates diverse gut bacteria
Washington: A new study has revealed that increased variation in gut bacteria is related with a positive metabolic profile and immune system response.
The researchers also found that exercise and diet are important to boost diversity of gut bacteria which is very important for wellbeing.
Dr Georgina Hold, of the Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen University, in a linked editorial pointed out that the guts are colonized by trillions of bacteria, the composition of which has been implicated in many conditions and is known to determine how well we harvest the energy from the foods we eat.
She further wrote that understanding the complex relationship among what people choose to eat, activity levels and gut microbiota richness is essential and as life expectancy continues to increase, it is important that we understand how best to maintain good health as before now it never has been this important than in respect of our resident microbiota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites