Exercise to live four years longer
London: Exercising can extend your life expectancy by nearly four years, a new study has revealed.
New research gathered studies on the question of whether physical activity increases life expectancy.
The studies offered a range of answers, but among the results, the median increase in life expectancy of both men and women came to 3.7 years each.
The German researchers also discovered that getting your exercise as leisure, rather than, as part of your work may be more beneficial, Discovery News reported.
But that could also be a reflection of an overall healthier lifestyle among those people who took time to workout during their leisure time.
The research was recently published in the Journal of Aging Research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery