Five simple tips for a flat tummy
Stomach fat is one thing that many of us struggle to get rid of it. But as we age, it gets trickier to lose the belly bulge. However, a well-balanced diet along with exercise can do wonders and help you lose that thick unwanted belly fat. Here are five simple ways to achieve that flat, sexy and toned tummy:
Aerobic exercise is the best way to burn the belly fat. A Duke University study also confirms that aerobic exercise is the most effective in burning that deep, visceral belly fat. According to the study, aerobic training burns 67% more calories than resistance training or a combination of the two.
You can lose your thick belly fat even while doing your household chores like vacuum cleaning. Vacuuming is a great stomach workout as it tightens your abdominal muscles while you do your cleaning.
Replace soda with plain water:
Swap soda and other carbonated drinks, which will only gang up in your belly with plain water. Drink lots of water (at least eight big glasses of water) a day to reduce bloating. Bloating can make your tummy appear fatter than it is.
Sleep for 7 hours or more:
If you want to lose your belly fat fast, try to get more sleep. Studies have shown that those who sleep 7 hours or more a night lose twice as much fat and are less hungry than those who sleep less than 7 hours a day.
Remember, you are what you eat. The foods that you eat can play an important part in your body, especially when you are on a diet. Try to reduce the amount of calories from sugars and fats. Take whole grain foods and skimmed milk. Fruits and vegetables are a must in your healthy diets.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital