Five simple tips for a flat tummy
Stomach fat is one thing that many of us struggle to get rid of it. But as we age, it gets trickier to lose the belly bulge. However, a well-balanced diet along with exercise can do wonders and help you lose that thick unwanted belly fat. Here are five simple ways to achieve that flat, sexy and toned tummy:
Aerobic exercise is the best way to burn the belly fat. A Duke University study also confirms that aerobic exercise is the most effective in burning that deep, visceral belly fat. According to the study, aerobic training burns 67% more calories than resistance training or a combination of the two.
You can lose your thick belly fat even while doing your household chores like vacuum cleaning. Vacuuming is a great stomach workout as it tightens your abdominal muscles while you do your cleaning.
Replace soda with plain water:
Swap soda and other carbonated drinks, which will only gang up in your belly with plain water. Drink lots of water (at least eight big glasses of water) a day to reduce bloating. Bloating can make your tummy appear fatter than it is.
Sleep for 7 hours or more:
If you want to lose your belly fat fast, try to get more sleep. Studies have shown that those who sleep 7 hours or more a night lose twice as much fat and are less hungry than those who sleep less than 7 hours a day.
Remember, you are what you eat. The foods that you eat can play an important part in your body, especially when you are on a diet. Try to reduce the amount of calories from sugars and fats. Take whole grain foods and skimmed milk. Fruits and vegetables are a must in your healthy diets.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka