Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Can you lose weight while you sleep? Yes, you can and there's nothing crazy about it!
This means you don't have to necessarily avoid eating in the evening hours to lose those unwanted flab. In fact, eating the right night-time meal can bring positive results in your weight loss plan, say experts. Here's how:
- Opt for slow digesting proteins like white meat proteins – turkey and chicken are a great options as they take time to get digested.
- Try to avoid carbs before bed. Because carbs are easily stored as fat in the evening hours as metabolism begins to slow in preparation for sleep.
- Add healthy fats such as nuts and nut butters while avoiding trans fats.
- Drink green tea to boost your metabolism - increasing metabolism burns calories.
- Studies have shown that one of the most effective ways to burn fat is to eat peppers. So include peppers in your evening meal.