Forget gym, now burn calories by sexercise!
London: Forget running on treadmills or hitting expensive gyms to shed those extra pounds, as now a cheaper way to lose calories has emerged in the form of - sexercise.
A study has revealed that, women are more inclined to have sex after a long day if they think it will help them lose weight.
Research showed that 76 percent of women are more inclined to weave the nocturnal workout into their routines if they think they will burn calories.
And almost two thirds of women who do own gym memberships said they were happier to carry out such activities as having sex and even doing the vacuuming if they thought it would burn as many calories as a traditional workout.
According to Kerry McCloskey’s book, ‘The Ultimate Sex Diet’, a half-hour session of lovemaking will burn about 150 to 250 calories, and even up to 350 calories, depending on just how active you are.
Simply kissing for an hour burns over 200 calories - equivalent to three HobNob biscuits.
“We are burning calories constantly as we go about our day to day business,” the Daily Mail quoted Darren Linnell, creator of Aspire drinks who commissioned the survey, as saying.
“It’s about being aware of the small things we can do to give us that extra boost,” he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- EU meets without Britain for first time since Brexit vote
- US, South Korea, Japan hold first anti-North Korea missile drill
- India's new developed surface-to-air missile likely to be test-launched today
- Kit Harington got into a fight before his GOT audition
- Ranbir Kapoor to do a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan – Anushka Sharma starrer?