Get fit in 7 mins with high-intensity interval training workouts
New York: HIIT or high-intensity interval training is one of the biggest buzzwords in fitness right now.
A new study has now outlined 12 HIIT exercises that can get you into scientifically proven good shape in as little as seven minutes.
The principle of HIIT is short, intense workouts that can give you maximum benefits but in less time.
"There`s very good evidence" that high-intensity interval training provides "many of the fitness benefits of prolonged endurance training but in much less time," study author Chris Jordan, the director of exercise physiology at the Human Performance Institute in Orlando, Florida, told The New York Times.
There are 12 exercises listed that should do the trick, with each to be performed for 30 seconds with 10 seconds of transition time between bouts.
Total time for the entire circuit workout is about seven minutes, but it can be repeated two to three times.
The 12 HIIT exercises are:
1. Jumping jacks (total body)
2. Wall sit (lower body)
3. Push-up (upper body)
4. Abdominal crunch (core)
5. Step-up onto chair (total body)
6. Squat (lower body)
7. Triceps dip on chair (upper body)
8. Plank (core)
9. High knees/running in place (total body)
10. Lunge (lower body)
11. Push-up and rotation (upper body)
12. Side plank (core)
According to a 2011 study, just two weeks of high-intensity interval exercise was found to improve aerobic capacity as much as six to eight weeks of endurance training.
The findings have been published in the American College of Sports Medicine`s Health and Fitness Journal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review