How to lose weight fast by snacking smart!
How often do you snack in a day? Many think that snacking in-between meals can lead to weight gain, but that’s not true. Snacking can actually keep the cravings down and can therefore help one slim down.
But, the benefits wholly depend on what you eat and when you eat.
While excess snacking can contribute to obesity, light snacking at different intervals in the day can help keep the body rejuvenated, boost brain power and regulate blood sugar.
So if you wish to look good or lose weight, you can munch on low-fat snacks in-between meals as it can reduce overall caloric intake by preventing overeating during meals.
Although sugary, salty, buttery and fatty snacks are tempting, it is better to have a handful of nuts, a bowl of fresh vegetable salad or fruits that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Choosing a snack that has high water and fiber content and is below 100 calories can help one stay within their daily calorie goal. Studies also suggest that foods rich in fibre may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type-2 diabetes.
Here are some snacking options that can aid weight loss:
Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables keep you feeling full for a long time although they contain very few calories. Fruits also provide vitamins, minerals, fibre and other nutrients required by your body. Bananas are a good choice—unless you are diabetic —as they have high sugar content. Bananas also contain a lot of potassium which is good for lowering blood pressure.
Fruits such as grapes, carrots, apples, berries are superb for snacks and easy to eat as well. Berries like blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are all filled with anti-oxidants.
Whole grains: As whole-grain snacks are rich in fibre and complex carbohydrates they can be a wonderful source of instant energy.
Raw Almonds: Raw almonds are healthy and very filling. They are considered as one of the better snacking options.
Plain yogurt: Like other protein foods, yogurt is filling and lacks extra calories.
Yogurt is a good alternative to a quick meal especially when you are in a hurry. You can also drink yoghurt by mixing with some orange or cranberry juice to keep you full for a very long time. It will also help reduce cravings helping you lose weight fast.
Water: Water has many health benefits. It flushes out toxins from your body and helps to burn more calories. Drinking lot of water often can help reduce cravings. It is one of the best substitutes to sugar–powdered drinks and sodas. Taking a glass of water before eating can make you eat less.
Apart from the above recommendations, reduced cravings for junk food will help you to stay on track and achieve your weight loss goals.
Also, never bring your entire container or foods with you but fill your snack in a small plate and limit yourself to a single serving.
Try having your snacks without any interruption so you won’t be tempted to reach for more.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues