Iron supplements enhances women`s exercise performance
Washington: A new study has shown that women who take iron supplements, experience a marked improvement in their exercise performance.
The new study by the University of Melbourne found that iron supplementation improved women's exercise performance, in terms of both the highest level they could achieve at 100% exertion and their exercise efficiency at a submaximal exertion.
Dr Sant-Rayn Pasricha from the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, who is the lead researcher of the study, said that women who were given iron were able to perform a given exercise using a lower heart rate and at a higher efficiency.
It is the first time researchers have been able to confirm that iron supplementation has beneficial effects on exercise performance as women who were given iron were able to perform a given exercise using a lower heart rate and at a higher efficiency.
The study was published in the journal of Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport