Now, eco friendly shoes that rot after use
New Delhi: A Spanish company has come up with biodegradable shoes for barefoot runners, which are priced at just 8 pounds.
The slimline rubber shoes by `One Moment` have a sole of just 2mm thick, giving the wearer a sensation of being close to the earth and being entirely made of natural materials, they will eventually biodegrade once discarded.
Inspiration for the product comes from the Amazonian tribes, who painted their feet soles with natural latex obtained from Hevea trees, the Daily Mail reported.
In doing so, they were able to move around the jungle comfortably during the rainy season. In due course, the fine latex layer would degrade back into the environment.
The makers have described the product as "A modern, sober and elegant style, combining technology and designed to offer maximum comfort and grip."
Customers have an option of choosing from a wide range of striking shades including lipstick red, lime green and bubblegum pink.
Manufacturers have claimed that the shoes are suitable for activities like running and when they are not being worn they can be rolled up and stored in a pocket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it