Programme on yoga for holistic personality development
New Delhi: Eminent yogic experts will take part in a week-long mass awareness programme for health
through yoga to be held here from February 12 to 18.
The National Yoga Week-2012 with the theme of holistic personality development through yoga, will be inaugurated by
Swami Nikhilananda Saraswati, spiritual head of Chinmaya Mission in New Delhi while S Sridharan of Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai will be the guest of honour.
To be organised by the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), the event will feature a conference, a
seminar and a workshop on Yoga for Holistic Personality Development and related subjects.
O P Tiwari, Secretary, SMYM Samiti, Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla will deliver the keynote address and the function will
be presided over by Vikram Singh Gaur, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH.
The event offers a common platform at the national level for Yoga experts to share their knowledge and experiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister