Programme on yoga for holistic personality development
New Delhi: Eminent yogic experts will take part in a week-long mass awareness programme for health
through yoga to be held here from February 12 to 18.
The National Yoga Week-2012 with the theme of holistic personality development through yoga, will be inaugurated by
Swami Nikhilananda Saraswati, spiritual head of Chinmaya Mission in New Delhi while S Sridharan of Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai will be the guest of honour.
To be organised by the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), the event will feature a conference, a
seminar and a workshop on Yoga for Holistic Personality Development and related subjects.
O P Tiwari, Secretary, SMYM Samiti, Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla will deliver the keynote address and the function will
be presided over by Vikram Singh Gaur, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH.
The event offers a common platform at the national level for Yoga experts to share their knowledge and experiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US military confirms 14 new civilian deaths in Iraq, Syria
- Trump, Clinton to be given intelligence briefings: US officials
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report