Programme on yoga for holistic personality development
New Delhi: Eminent yogic experts will take part in a week-long mass awareness programme for health
through yoga to be held here from February 12 to 18.
The National Yoga Week-2012 with the theme of holistic personality development through yoga, will be inaugurated by
Swami Nikhilananda Saraswati, spiritual head of Chinmaya Mission in New Delhi while S Sridharan of Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai will be the guest of honour.
To be organised by the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY), the event will feature a conference, a
seminar and a workshop on Yoga for Holistic Personality Development and related subjects.
O P Tiwari, Secretary, SMYM Samiti, Kaivalyadhama, Lonavla will deliver the keynote address and the function will
be presided over by Vikram Singh Gaur, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH.
The event offers a common platform at the national level for Yoga experts to share their knowledge and experiences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi