Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Are you on a weight losing spree? But do you eat right or know how to limit your fat intake to get rid of those unwanted flabs? Do you also exercise almost everyday?
Let's say you've done all these but they were of not much help.
Chances are that your food portion sizes or eating habits such as binge eating may have crept up – unless you have a medical condition that's underlying your weight problem.
Here's how to avoid overeating:
- Eat only when you are hungry and not out of habit.
- Learn to pay attention to your body or hunger signals and stop eating before you are stuffed or when you start to feel satisfied.
- Be selective of what you eat – meaning, knowing to choose the type of foods that are beneficial to weight loss like replacing processed foods with fruits and vegetables.
- Choose small portions – this is very crucial if you are on a weight loss plan because smaller portions means you consume fewer calories. Use medium sized plates when eating at home to avoid overeating.
- Take time to chew your food before swallowing. This will slow down the pace at which you are eating while allowing you to savor the flavors of your meal.
- Spare at least 20 minutes to finish your meal – remember your stomach takes close to 20 minutes to send signal to the brain that it is full.
- Don't skip your breakfast as doing so can make you to eat more later on. Research suggests that people who eat more fat, protein, and carbohydrates in the morning stay satisfied and eat less over the course of the day than those who don't eat breakfast.