Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, regular physical activity is key to managing the disease.
Also Read: Are you a diabetic? Try these 5 power foods
The fact is that exercise, in combination with a healthy diet will help you to take better care of yourself if you have diabetes.
It is recommended to exercise for at least three times a week for about 30 to 45 minutes. This will help control your blood sugar.
Also Read: Start jogging for good health!
However, one should always consult a doctor before taking up any exercise program. Because your doctor can guide you about the kinds of exercise that are ideal for you depending on your conditions such as - how well your diabetes is controlled and any complications that you may have.
Benefits of exercise for diabetics include-
- Regular physical activity lowers blood sugar
- Regular exercise can help increase insulin action and keep blood sugars in check
- Daily exercise lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- Exercise lowers your risk for heart disease and stroke
- It improves your circulation
- Regular physical activity helps relieve stress, which can raise your glucose level
- Regular exercise burns calories which will help you to avoid gaining excess kilos and maintain a healthy weight.
- Above all, exercise is important for your overall well-being and can help combat many health conditions and diseases.
- Research has shown that being physically active can help you lead a healthier and even happier life.