Regular exercise can make you smarter
Zee Media Bureau/ Liji Varghese
New Delhi: If you think exercising is all about losing those extra pounds or just a way of being fit, think again! Just 30 minutes of physical activity a day can actually make you smarter.
Here are three reasons how exercise helps boost brain power:
15 minutes of physical activity helps the body produce more energy at cellular level. Following a regular fitness regime helps strengthen muscles and boosts endurance, giving you the much required energy to think better.
A person who is happy performs better than the one who is in a bad mood or depressed. Exercise helps release endorphins and serotonin, both of which help elevate mood, which in turn improves brain function. Endorphins also help improve the prioritizing functions of the brain.
Regular exercise increases work performance and improves time management. Also, the brain remembers more when your body is active.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range