Regular exercise can make you smarter
Zee Media Bureau/ Liji Varghese
New Delhi: If you think exercising is all about losing those extra pounds or just a way of being fit, think again! Just 30 minutes of physical activity a day can actually make you smarter.
Here are three reasons how exercise helps boost brain power:
15 minutes of physical activity helps the body produce more energy at cellular level. Following a regular fitness regime helps strengthen muscles and boosts endurance, giving you the much required energy to think better.
A person who is happy performs better than the one who is in a bad mood or depressed. Exercise helps release endorphins and serotonin, both of which help elevate mood, which in turn improves brain function. Endorphins also help improve the prioritizing functions of the brain.
Regular exercise increases work performance and improves time management. Also, the brain remembers more when your body is active.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded