Regular exercise can make you smarter
Zee Media Bureau/ Liji Varghese
New Delhi: If you think exercising is all about losing those extra pounds or just a way of being fit, think again! Just 30 minutes of physical activity a day can actually make you smarter.
Here are three reasons how exercise helps boost brain power:
15 minutes of physical activity helps the body produce more energy at cellular level. Following a regular fitness regime helps strengthen muscles and boosts endurance, giving you the much required energy to think better.
A person who is happy performs better than the one who is in a bad mood or depressed. Exercise helps release endorphins and serotonin, both of which help elevate mood, which in turn improves brain function. Endorphins also help improve the prioritizing functions of the brain.
Regular exercise increases work performance and improves time management. Also, the brain remembers more when your body is active.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town