Regular exercise may slow down aging in humans
Washington: A new study has revealed that regular exercising can slow down the aging process in humans.
The study found that regular exercise not only improves the quality of life but can also extend a person's lifespan by up to five years.
The study by Canadian sports medicine physician Mark Tarnopolsky also revealed that older adults receive the most benefits when combining endurance exercise with resistance exercise.
The study was presented at the 23rd Annual Meeting of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets