Regular exercise may slow down aging in humans
Washington: A new study has revealed that regular exercising can slow down the aging process in humans.
The study found that regular exercise not only improves the quality of life but can also extend a person's lifespan by up to five years.
The study by Canadian sports medicine physician Mark Tarnopolsky also revealed that older adults receive the most benefits when combining endurance exercise with resistance exercise.
The study was presented at the 23rd Annual Meeting of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth