Regular exercising `can raise your income also`
London: Here`s the ultimate motivation for regular exercising - apart from helping you stay fit, workouts can also boost your pay packet, a new study has claimed.
Researchers at Cleveland State University have carried out the study and found that jogging, swimming or even lifting weights in the gym at least three times a week could increase one`s income by up to nine per cent.
In fact, doing moderate exercises such as a regular brisk walk also has a positive effect on earnings, the study claims. For their study, the researchers thoroughly analysed two sets of questionnaires in the US, involving over 12,000 people. Details about salaries and the extent to which people exercised were analysed.
They found that people exercising three times a week could expect a salary between six and nine per cent greater than those who do not. And, for those exercising between one and three times a month, the benefit was still an additional five per cent, the `Daily Mail` reported.
Previous researches found exercises to be an important tool for managing everything from stress and depression to healing injuries and preventing disease. But, this study is probably the first to establish a link between workouts and a person`s income.
"In addition to the positive impacts on heart health, weight and other medical issues, studies show that exercise leads to improved mental function, psychological condition and higher energy levels.
"All three of these traits can translate into higher earnings," lead researcher Dr Vasilios Kosteas was quoted by the British newspaper as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what