Testosterone jab helps obese men trim waistline
London: A simple injection offers hope against obesity as it can cut 3.5ins from the waistlines of overweight middle-aged men, researchers say.
Volunteers in a study lost, on an average, 2st 8lbs after they were administered testosterone injections.
The research was based on 255 men from their 40s to their 80s, weighing on average 16st 12lbs.
Those volunteers who received a jab of the male hormone testosterone undecanoate showed permanent weight loss.
By the end of the five-year study, the men’s average weight had fallen to 14st 4lbs and their waist had reduced by an average of 3.5 inches.
Farid Saad, who presented the results to The Endocrine Society in Texas, said that obesity is associated with reduced testosterone.
“There is a vicious circle in obesity and testosterone. Obesity is associated with reduced testosterone,” the Daily Express quoted Saad as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan