Try out the bicycle crunch to get that enviable washboard ab
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Not everyone is blessed with a perfect flat stomach. Bicycle crunch is a great exercise for getting that enviable washboard ab.
Doing the bicycle crunch regularly helps tone the abdominal muscles - specifically the external obliques and rectus abdominis.
Lie straight on the mat with your head facing upward. Place the hands behind your head.
Bring your right knee into the chest as you straighten out the left leg.
Lift the shoulder blades of the floor. Rotate the top half and bring your left elbow towards the right knee.
Switch sides. Now bring your right elbow to the left knee.
Continue alternating sides and repeat 6 to 10 times on each side.
Make sure you don’t pull your neck during the exercise.
Initiate each action from your upper abdominal and oblique muscles while stabilizing your hips by using your lower abdominal muscles. Don’t pull with you arms.
Maintain a wide chest as you perform this exercise.
Also maintain a neutral spine while performing the exercise.
Caution: Whenever exercising always have a trainer around. Also know about your medical condition before opting for any workout regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday