Try out the bicycle crunch to get that enviable washboard ab
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Not everyone is blessed with a perfect flat stomach. Bicycle crunch is a great exercise for getting that enviable washboard ab.
Doing the bicycle crunch regularly helps tone the abdominal muscles - specifically the external obliques and rectus abdominis.
Lie straight on the mat with your head facing upward. Place the hands behind your head.
Bring your right knee into the chest as you straighten out the left leg.
Lift the shoulder blades of the floor. Rotate the top half and bring your left elbow towards the right knee.
Switch sides. Now bring your right elbow to the left knee.
Continue alternating sides and repeat 6 to 10 times on each side.
Make sure you don’t pull your neck during the exercise.
Initiate each action from your upper abdominal and oblique muscles while stabilizing your hips by using your lower abdominal muscles. Don’t pull with you arms.
Maintain a wide chest as you perform this exercise.
Also maintain a neutral spine while performing the exercise.
Caution: Whenever exercising always have a trainer around. Also know about your medical condition before opting for any workout regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says