Try out the bicycle crunch to get that enviable washboard ab
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Not everyone is blessed with a perfect flat stomach. Bicycle crunch is a great exercise for getting that enviable washboard ab.
Doing the bicycle crunch regularly helps tone the abdominal muscles - specifically the external obliques and rectus abdominis.
Lie straight on the mat with your head facing upward. Place the hands behind your head.
Bring your right knee into the chest as you straighten out the left leg.
Lift the shoulder blades of the floor. Rotate the top half and bring your left elbow towards the right knee.
Switch sides. Now bring your right elbow to the left knee.
Continue alternating sides and repeat 6 to 10 times on each side.
Make sure you don’t pull your neck during the exercise.
Initiate each action from your upper abdominal and oblique muscles while stabilizing your hips by using your lower abdominal muscles. Don’t pull with you arms.
Maintain a wide chest as you perform this exercise.
Also maintain a neutral spine while performing the exercise.
Caution: Whenever exercising always have a trainer around. Also know about your medical condition before opting for any workout regime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler